1. Is there a location on twitch where the partnership is described in detail?
2. How much control do they have over streamers? Are they boss #2? Boss #1? Will they contact us separately regarding issues/content/etc? Even more TPS Reports (jk)?
3. Will we be seeing CBS content on twitch? Twitch content on CBS?
4. How will this affect the non-partnered streamer? Will it be any harder to get partnered?
5. Is this an acquisition in everything but name? Has Twitch been bought out and we work for "The Man" now?
A personal note to twitch and CBS from an amateur caster:
Many of the people I talk to on a daily basis agree that they come to twitch because it is different. Twitch is a frontier for new entertainment options both in creation and viewing. Also, twitch represents a safe-haven from contemporary media. This bastion from the global corporate world allows many of us creative expression and freedom to explore the vast possibilities of user created entertainment in a much more personal medium than YouTube or other social media currently allows. When a corporation that dominates contemporary media, such as CBS, begins to throw their weight around in such a delicate atmosphere, the very reasons twitch is so successful are threatened.
We come here to get away from Paris Hilton, from laugh-track comedies attempting to subvert our culture, from Snookies, from MTV with no music, from media giants skewing current events for ulterior motives or profit, from corporations like CBS that cancel or will not green light unique and creative new content because it may not get high ratings. As amateur entertainers, we flavor twitch and give it a soul. Without the amazing content provided by some of our great casting icons and many unsung heroes in the small viewership categories, twitch would be yet another failed attempt at generating ad revenue from crappy media. I fear CBS does not understand this. I fear they see twitch as the competition and are going to hedge it from the market by accidentally failing. As any giant corporation that's richer than God, I doubt their intentions. Thanks for listening to my rant and I think we can all agree that at least it wasn't FOX that partnered with twitch /Kappa/ ;)