For some reason, since a week or so, i have been able to change the quality of the stream. But only if i am on the stream+chat window, and fullscreen. But now, sound doesn't work for me 90% of the time. The other 10%, i get full hd and sound. Weird to say the least. Anyone else getting the same thing?
And yeah .. app would be nice
Ok .. i think i have it figured out. just so we are clear, i have an es5500 smart tv with latest firmware installed and this seems to be working for me almost always on 720p (sometimes on 720p+ or 1080p+). These steps might sound weird, but after long hours of trying, this is how i got best results:
- you have to be on the twitch channel page (the one with chat)
- hide chat
- to go fullscreen double click spam on the video. When fullscreen, you can adjust the quality, play, pause, adjust volume etc
- play stream
- if stream or sound does not work properly, before i refresh the site, i go in browser settings -> general -> delete browser data. Then i refresh.
This works almost always for me. If not, rinse and repeat. I stopped bothering with 720p+ and 1080p+ because sound almost never comes through. And if you are not hugging your tv, 720p is decent enough.
Hope i was of some help.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!